Privacy and security
BizMusiq, a streaming music service for businesses, is operated by Tribe of Noise BV, Johan Huizingalaan 763a, 1066 VH, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Do we process your personal data?
Yes, when subscribing to our BizMusiq service you give us explicit permission to do so.
What data do we collect?
BizMusiq is a streaming music service for businesses. The moment you agree with our terms of service and subscribe to BizMusiq we collect data (e.g. your name, email address, invoice data, usage and tracking data). Usage & tracking data includes but not limited to:
- IP address
- Last login
- Browser type
- Pages visited
Why do we collect your data?
BizMusiq uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information (monitor) so that we can improve our service
- To provide you with news and/or relevant offers unless you have instructed us to not send such information
BizMusiq does not sell or lease your data. We might use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service (service providers), to provide the service on our behalf, to perform service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our service is used. These third parties might have access to some of your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
For how long will we retain your (personal) data?
We retain your data in our database as long as you have an account with us, even in the case you do not have an active subscription. The reason for this is to increase the usability / customer experience. The moment you want to activate your subscription again you don’t have to open a new account. Of course you always have the right to delete your account and personal information. See below.
Your right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
You can always instruct us to access, update or request deletion of your personal data:
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format (we use CSV).
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
You can send your request to email@example.com Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. We will respond as soon as possible but at latest within 4 weeks.
You also have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Sharing your personal data with third parties
Cookies and/or other tracking we use
We use technical and functional cookies and similar tracking technologies to track the activity on our service and hold certain information. Our analytical cookies are limited and have no impact on your privacy.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept our basic session cookies, you may not be able to use our service.
How do we protect your data?
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If there is any reason to suspect a security breach or misuse of your data please contact us as soon as possible.